Fashion

Thursday 14 January 2016

The Future of Fashion

So I was in my last lesson of the day on Monday. I had just endured an hour of PE and at my age, in college I think is an outrage. I exercise don't get me wrong but in my own way and in my own time, nobody likes PE if you do then thats a bit weird I'm not going to lie to you. Anyway getting back to it I'd just walked into my last lesson of the day which was Media, a subject that I normally love but to put it bluntly I really could not be bothered with coursework. Instead I ended up exploring the Vogue website one of my regular habbits and I stumbled across Vogue Video and it occurred to me why have I never watched the Vogue youtube channel before when I'm obsessed with the magazine. Stupid, I know.

SO finally getting it to now, I found a series
called 'The Future Of Fashion' with my style icon Alexa Chung. She has won British Style Icon for three years in a row now! If I could have anyones wardrobe it would 100% be hers. What I love about her is she is so honest, she knows she doesn't want to break her bank for clothes just yet (I'm totally with her on that) but she still manages to look amazing! This series looks at all the different areas of fashion and shows exclusive interviews from creative director's, designers, buyers and film directors.


This was perfect for me because I love fashion and it is my dream to work in the industry so to view all these different aspects of it really
helped me decide what area I want to go in to. I have never been good at drawing I can just about draw your basic stickman and even then I manage to ruin it some how by making its arms longer then its legs! This series showed me different roles in the fashion industry, my favourite being fashion buyer. That would be my dream job, buying clothes for a brand or shop and Alexa revealed even she would love to do that. Well to be fair who wouldn't!

The series is available from British Vogue's youtube channel, there are six, ten minute episodes in this series and exciting news Alexa is filming another series! If I was you I would subscribe to Vogue's channel right now so you don't find it months later like I did!















No comments:

Post a Comment